Present activities and achievements of Directorate
- In 2018, the University of Kalyani has been recognized to conduct eight post graduate (PG) courses under Directorate of Open & Distance Learning in compliance with UGC-DEB Regulation, 2017.
- The eight Post Graduate courses are Master of Arts (M.A.) in Bengali, English, Education, History & Geography (M.A./ M.Sc.) and Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Botany, Mathematics & Zoology;
- The syllabi of all the PG courses shall be at par with the regular department syllabi of the University of Kalyani, in compliance with the UGC DEB 2017 regulations.
- All admissions in distance courses under DODL including payment have been conducted through online mode;
- The DODL has adopted semester wise CBCS curriculum for the eight masters' degree programs;
- The University authority has extended affiliation of study Centers to 25 Colleges within jurisdiction of University of Kalyani along with main campus;
- The University of Kalyani in a maiden venture among the higher education institutes in West Bengal, has introduced biometric registration for students enrolled w.e.f. academic session 2018-19 and started biometric attendance for students attending PCP classes under CBCS curriculum;
- The DODL, University of Kalyani has started the Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs) for newly adopted courses w.e.f. 2018-19 academic session from December, 2018 in Main campus Study Centers and in 25 affiliated Study Centers within the jurisdiction of the University;
- Eleven number Smart Classrooms have been allotted for PCP classes at Main Campus Study Centre and most of the affiliated College study Centres have their corresponding Smart Classrooms for PCP classes in place already;
- The PCP classes for subjects associated with Masters' of Science are being conducted in Main campus only to ensure quality education and effective benehts of students' concern;
- Admissions in the eight aforementioned courses have been completed in 2018 and 2256 students were admitted and enrolled under the new curriculum;
- Laboratories with state of the Art facilities have been developed for the lab based subjects viz. Botany, Geography and Zoology;
- Internal assessment has been introduced for the students admitted in semester based PG courses;
- Online system of examinations shall soon be introduced in the upcoming internal assessment;
- Students' feedback mechanism has been developed to take cognizance of stakeholders' grievances and address them in keeping with positive suggestions of the students. The Hon'ble Vice Chancellor is untiringly nurturing this wing by his valuable suggestions and directions;
- The Directorate has been organizing seminars and workshops in regular manner for the students in order to entrance their employability and sharpen subject knowledge in concerned disciplines;
- University authority has appointed sixteen number of full time contractual Assistant Professors for the eight newly introduced semester based PG courses under DODL, University of Kalyani;
Major reform in infrastructure, greater emphasis on effective communication with the student community and modernization of syllabus with implementation of information technology based education and communication methods is expected to yield more fruitful results in the coming days.